Rice Krispie treats + chocolate chip cookies + peanut butter = MORE, please! As if Monster Cookies weren’t already tempting enough, they are now gooey, vanilla, and fluffy with the addition of marshmallows: Marshmallow Monster Cookies.
This was inspired by two things.
- Food Network magazine.
- Bjork’s… creative… “marshmallow snack”: oranges, chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and marshmallows (microwaved).
I became painfully obvious that we/he needed an intervention. This sort of “snack” cannot live on in our house.
This one, however… the one baked with lots of butter, sugar, and many varieties of chocolate chips… can live on forever!Print
These marshmallow monster cookies are just like the classic with a big marshmallow stuffed inside each cookie. Gooey and delicious!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup marshmallows (miniature, or large cut into fourths)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheeta with parchment paper. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, beat the butter and both sugars with a mixer on medium-high speed until fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time on medium speed, then beat in the vanilla. Add peanut butter and mix until smooth. Add the flour mixture and beat on low speed until combined.
- Stir the oats, chips, and marshmallows into the dough with a wooden spoon. Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, about 3 inches apart. Bake the cookies in batches until golden, 8-10 minutes.
It is really helpful to strategically place the marshmallow at the top of your cookie dough ball. That way, it puffs out on top instead of melting out the side of the cookie. And the topping I used was melted chocolate almond bark.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: marshmallow monster cookie, marshmallow cookie, monster cookie
I think it’s only fair that I’m using these to bribe myself to go back to work today.