The BEST easy summer dessert – for two! A layer of oat-brown-sugar crust, juicy, sticky, bubbly raspberries, and topped with a buttery crumble that’s baked to perfection.
Question: what have I been making after dinner every night for three weeks straight?
Answer: TWO PERSON RASPBERRY CRUMBLES.
These sweet, jammy, buttery, lip-staining red berry crumbles are my summer everything right now.
They are conveniently sized for just two people so that you don’t have to make a full pan of raspberry bars when the hardcore craving for a juicy, berry-forward, summery dessert strikes, which, for us, is, like, nightly?
It’s fine. We’re fine.
Okay, let’s discuss the layers here.
- 1: Buttery-oat-brown-sugar crust layer. Texture lands somewhere between actual CRUST crust and gooey sugar cookie, just how I like.
- 2: Juicy, sticky, bubbly, raspberry layer. Also can be blueberry! Also can be strawberry! Fresh or frozen! I am a big fan of the work-with-what’s-in-your-fridge approach.
- 3: Buttery-oat-brown-sugar topping. Just the crumbs, sprinkled over top, to make this, you know, officially a crumble.
Being that these are already sitting in nice little ramekins, you have a big opportunity in front of you in the form of raspberry crumble TOPPINGS.
Ice cream? or whipped cream? or just leave it alone?
I’ve done them all, and pinkie swear, every path will lead you straight to raspberry crumble bliss. ❤️
Watch how to make our Raspberry Crumbles:Print
The BEST easy summer dessert – for two! A layer of oat-brown-sugar crust, juicy, sticky, bubbly raspberries, and topped with a buttery crumble that’s baked to perfection. YUM.
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh or frozen berries (I have thoughts – see notes!)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (more or less depending on the tartness of your berries)
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix: Gently mix up the berry mixture. Mix up the crumble in a separate bowl.
- Bake Part One: Press about two-thirds of the crumble into the bottom of two 4-inch ramekins. Bake for 5 minutes to set the crust (more for a firmer crust).
- Bake Part Two: Pour the berry filling over the crusts. Sprinkle the remaining crumble on top of each ramekin. Bake for 7-10 more minutes, until the fruit layer is bubbling and the crumbles are golden brown.
- Live It Up: Cooling for ten minutes is a good idea, but if you told me that it’s just not humanly possible, I would understand. Grab a fork, dive into the juicy, buttery layers, and never look back.
Berries: frozen raspberries or mixed berries work great for a really jammy, juicy fruit layer. If you’re using frozen berries, you need to thaw them first. I usually just run them under warm water. Fresh raspberries and blueberries also work really well because they kind of burst and release their juices a bit while baking. Fresh strawberries also work, but I would recommend chopping and then slightly mashing them first for best results to make them a bit more jammy.
Serving size: These definitely could serve more than two people if you were being rational about it, but honestly, I just don’t think you’re going to have a problem with leftovers.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: raspberry crumble, fruit crumble, individual crumble
One More Thing!
This recipe is part of our best date night recipes page. Check it out!