This is the apron that my husband wore last night.
It was a logical choice; it’s clearly the most masculine apron that I own. I knew he would enjoy the burlap style fabric. And Italia? That’s kewl. He’s kewl.
He went to go put the apron on. He stopped. Set down the apron. Walked to the window and closed the shades. I reconsidered asking for a picture.
Now, to the ultimate question: Why?
Someone needed to bravely confront the hot, splattering oil that was far too intimidating dangerous for this girl. Yes, indeed. He’s a hero like that.
And because of his heroism, we were able to enjoy these golden, crispy zucchini fritters.
I think Bjork would even say that these fritters were worth his short stint with Italia.
These little crispers were delicious! And dipped in creamy goat cheese sauce… ahhh. Perfection.
Now, if you are thinking to yourself, Those look yummy, but it sounds too hard. STOP! It only sounds hard. It is so easy! If my pictures aren’t inspiring you, click on the blog link below and be inspired.
Super simple, easy-to-make golden crispy zucchini fritters & goat cheese sauce. A perfect quick & easy appetizer for your next party!
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- zest of 1 lemon
- a handful of parsley, chopped
- chives, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup flour
- oil for frying
Goat Cheese Sauce
- Goat Cheese, 100 grams
- Plain yogurt, 2/3 cup
- Salt, pepper, and chives (to taste)
- Mix all but the oil together until it’s no longer lumpy.
- Heat oil in a large skillet, medium-high.
- Using a tablespoon, make small balls and drop them into the oil (I’d recommend about 4-5 at a time).
- Fry on each side, flipping after a few minutes when they are golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel-lined plates.
Goat Cheese Sauce
- Mix it all up! Ta da.
In honor of fried foods…
What food are you most looking forward to eating at the State Fair? or, if you’re not a State Fair kind of person, isn’t it about time?
Me? I wait all year for one of those deep fried Milky Ways.