Truth: I drink green smoothies.
Truth: Bjork gets bugged out by green smoothies. I pretend that he’s immature and usually give a mini-lecture about the health benefits of green smoothies, which usually ends with him eating a whole box of Marshmallow Mateys in one sitting. 1) Why can’t healthy green smoothies be rainbow colored, or sparkly, or covered with candy? 2) Pass me the Mateys.
BEST Truth: Green smoothies don’t have to be sewage-green!
Wait, that makes me sound like an idiot, but it’s actually genius. Because when you put berries in the blender with your green smoothie, it turns blue and purple and pretty, and it covers up the greenness.
That’s why the runner up for the best thing ever award is drinking something desserty and cute to take away that super cute morning-after-salty-foods look.
Something that does not look like garbage in a glass.
- 3 small bananas
- ½ cup milk
- 1-2 handfuls of spinach
- 1 cup frozen berries (blueberries, blackberries, etc.)
- ½ cup bran cereal such as All Bran original
- 1-2 tablespoons sweetener (sugar, honey, Truvia, agave, etc.)
- ice cubes (optional)
- Blend bananas and milk until smooth. Add spinach and blend on a high setting until most of the spinach has been broken down into small pieces. Add the frozen berries and blend until the smoothie mixture is all one color.
- Add the bran and sweetener; blend until desired consistency. Add ice cubes and blend again until smooth (optional – I usually don’t).
Don’t fear the green!