Weird things happened yesterday.
It all started when Bjork jumped into oncoming traffic to save a dog.
Which I guess isn’t all that weird, considering I’ve seen him stop his car on a busy road to save a frog before. So a dog is actually pretty normal.
I (bravely) stood on the sidewalk and, in slow motion, watched a car accident happen as a result of his sudden jump into traffic.
If you’re being less dramatic, you might call it a fender-bender. But still.
I was ready to run. Whoever was in that car was not going to be happy with us for causing an accident.
The car door opened, and the person who stepped out of said car was… my cousin??
I don’t know, it was weird. Too weird. Let’s just get to the food here.
This wrap is loaded with grilled zucchini and grilled shrimp, seasoned with paprika, and smothered with creamy garlic scape dip. Do yourself a favor and make one for lunch. And dinner. Ultimately, this wrap would require you to make the garlic scape dip, which might just save your life. That was my plan all along!
- 10-12 uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail-off*
- 1 small zucchini
- 2 tbs. creamy garlic scape dip, or another garlicky sauce
- 2 tbs. sour cream
- 2 whole wheat wraps
- ½ tbs. butter
- ½ tbs. olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon paprika (x2)
- Thaw shrimp, if using frozen shrimp. Chop zucchini; heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini to skillet, sprinkle with paprika and salt/pepper to taste. Saute for a few minutes until tender-crisp and browned on the outside.
- Remove from skillet and set aside. Melt butter in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp to skillet, sprinkle with paprika and salt/pepper to taste. Cook for 3-5 minutes until pink all the way through and browned on the outside. Remove and combine with zucchini.
- Spread wraps with creamy garlic scape dip. Add half the zucchini/shrimp mixture to each wrap, and top each with a tablespoon of sour cream. Wrap and enjoy!
Here’s a weird picture to go with this weird day.
Anything weird happen to you lately?