Pst. I need to get this off my chest.
don’t like cantaloupe. Or, as my grandma calls it, muskmelon.
With a name like muskmelon, it’s got to be, like, for old people?
I’m sorry Grandma, I’m sorry Grandpa, I’m sorry to anyone who loves this melon and has ever served it to me and I pretended to like it. But the secret is out. I’d just plain rather have a banana.
So why oh why oh why did I buy a jumbo muskmelon?
The answer is because it was $1.99, and how can you expect me to pass up something that’s bigger than my head for just $1.99?
And the real answer is because I needed to fall in love with this drink and, yes, muskmelon.
Because now I like muskmelon. When it’s blended up with ginger, honey, and citrus… it’s a whole new fruit!
But I am going to stop calling it muskmelon now.
Here’s to cheap cantaloupes and fun summer drinks. Cheers!
- 2 cups frozen, cubed cantaloupe
- 12 oz. lemon lime soda (i.e. Sprite)
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- juice of 1 lime
- Blend cantaloupe with 6 oz. of the soda and the orange juice.
- Add honey, ginger, and lime and blend until very smooth.
- Add remaining soda, give it one last whir in the blender, and serve immediately.
What’s your favorite way to eat cantaloupe? And don’t say you don’t like it unless you’ve tried this drink!