I have a farmer friend.
His name is Tyler.
Our visit to his farm revealed a few things:
- Farms are pretty.
- Don’t wear sandals on the farm.
- Fainting goats are so weird but hilariously cute.
- I will have a piglet for a pet someday.
- Tyler cooks.
That’s right. Farmer T cooks.
And when Farmer T cooks, he doesn’t forget dessert.
I would go so far as to say that they were the best smores bars I’ve ever had, ever, and I don’t take that statement lightly. That’s why I made them myself within 24 hours of returning home, shortly after showering off farm smells and downloading 1,000 pictures of the piglets onto my computer.
These are perfect for summer get-togethers because, simply put, they’re BOMB. I did that just to mess with you, by the way.
The real reason they’re perfect is because everyone loves them, they’re portable, they’re easy to make, and the chocolate doesn’t get all over everybody’s everything, unless you face plant into the pan. Is there anything better in this world than gooey chocolate filling in between crispy cereal and puffy mallows? At this moment, with a smores bar in each of my hands, my answer is a resounding no.
Face planting in this would be so amazing right now.
- 1 bag (10.5 oz) miniature marshmallows (5½ cups)
- 1½ cups milk chocolate chips (9 oz)
- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 box (13 oz) Golden Grahams cereal (8 cups)
- Grease 13x9-inch pan with butter. Reserve 1 cup of the marshmallows. In a large saucepan, melt the chocolate chips, butter, corn syrup and remaining marshmallows over low heat. Stir until completely melted. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Pour cereal into saucepan. Stir until coated with the melted chocolate mixture. Stir in remaining 1 cup marshmallows.
- With buttered back of spoon, press mixture in pan. Cool at least 1 hour or until firm. Store loosely covered at room temperature.
So, where do you buy piglets these days?