This weekend I learned a lot about myself.
I’m horrible at packing. For both personal safety and general efficiency, I cannot be trusted with a packing tape roller. An add-on to that would be that the cutter on the packing tape roller is surprisingly sharp. Also, wine glasses are hard to wrap.
I’m nervous about shots. Getting a shot makes me say unpredictable/untrue things to nurses. Getting a shot makes my arms hurt. For 3 days. I can’t pack when my arms hurt, but I can eat cookies. I’ll keep that lesson tucked away for next time.
Taylor Swift is set out to make me cry every day. I swear. Bjork has laid down a new “family law” that I’m no longer allowed to listen to T. Sweez while packing. Instead, I’m allowed Sean Kingston. Just picture that for one second.
Speaking of crying, I’ve learned that new levels of stress will make me cry unpredictably. Oh, hey GAP return lady? Oh, you won’t let me return these shorts even though they make me look like I have a a pillow stuffed in my rear end and I’m standing here at the counter WEARING them and asking for an exchange? Yes, I will cry about that.
Thank the Lord for the grill and pizza. I’m staying sane thanks to these two summer staples and a husband who knows how to make it all work. I don’t really do grills.
These particular pizzas are pheNOMenal. First, chicken sausage. I ADORE CHICKEN SAUSAGE. Gold n’ Plump has some awesome new flavored chicken sausages and they were perfect for this pizza and about one bajillion other things. We used the Parmesan Italian variety for this pizza and it was so so Parmesanly perfect.
Secondly, grilled crust. Why is it so amazing? Well, actually I think I know why (crispy outside, soft inside). But I just don’t know why it happens like that, because I don’t really do grills.
Thirdly, fresh basil. The end.
- 3 garlic naan flatbreads (or any other prepared crust)
- 3 chicken sausages, such as Gold n' Plump Parmesan Italian
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella
- fresh spinach
- fresh diced tomatoes
- fresh basil
- olive oil
- Preheat your grill to medium high. Cook sausages until browned and cooked through. You can make them sliced, in the casing, or ground, out of the casing (I like it better out of the casing).
- Spread naan with pizza sauce (1/3 cup per pizza). Top with chicken sausage, cheese, fresh spinach, and tomatoes - in any order.
- Grill for 15-25 minutes, until the bottom of the crust is brown and crispy and the cheese is melted. Sprinkle with fresh basil and drizzle with oil.
Get your grilled pizza on, today, now, always and forever.
- - eCookbook with our top 25 recipes
- - Email Updates for new recipes
- - Exclusive discounts on our products