Sometimes I just can’t stop thinking about dessert. Sometimes, as in 365 days a year.
I don’t stand a chance focusing on an-ee-thing for one second when I have images of buttery graham cracker cookie dough layered with chocolate, peanut butter, and marshmallow cream running through my brain. And drool running down my chin. And legit chocolate stains on my white spring jacket. Hmph. So much for being fresh and cute.
I’ve thought of these Peanut Butter S’mores Bars at least 7 times today and it’s been a week since I actually made them.
NO! Don’t arrest me just because I withheld this recipe from you for one week. I have excuses. I’ve been crying, eating chocolate chips and watching World Down Syndrome day videos. I’ve been updating my Facebook timeline stuffs. Totally essential. I’ve been smooshing my face into this sweet potato joy like, once every hour. I’ve been releasing my food photography eBook – Tasty Food Photography! So there.
No, you’re right. There’s really no excuse. It’s a crime that I withheld such a life-changing recipe for even ONE HOUR, much less 5 days.
Make them tonight, tomorrow, and forever, and I bet you’ll be able to forgive and forget.
Me, not the bars.
You don’t seriously think you can forget these babies, do you?
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1¼ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 graham crackers, crushed into fine crumbs
- 2 Giant Hershey's milk chocolate bars, 7 ounces each
- 1 jar marshmallow cream, 7 ounces
- ½ cup peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a square baking dish with parchment paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and mix well. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the graham cracker crumbs.
- Press ⅔ of the dough into the bottom of the baking dish. Press the chocolate bars on top of the dough. They should make an even layer in an 8x8 pan. Melt the peanut butter for about 30 seconds in the microwave and drizzle it over the chocolate bars.
- Spread the marshmallow cream over the chocolate and peanut butter.
- Roll the remaining ⅓ dough onto the chocolate foil wrappers (or some other nonstick surface). When you've made an even square, gently peel it off and press it on top of the marshmallow cream.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown on top. Let cool for best serving results (see notes).
Thanks to Deea from Sprinkle Some Sunshine for the recipe inspiration!
You guys. It’s the weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <- I promise to never do that again.
Whatever you do this weekend, DON’T SEND ME A PAN OF THESE BARS. Don’t do it. No, really. Don’t.
- - eCookbook with our top 25 recipes
- - Email Updates for new recipes
- - Exclusive discounts on our products