Sometimes, I get distracted while I’m taking pictures. Like when I take pictures of Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Cinnamon Glaze.
When there’s cinnamon glaze all over your fingers and pumpkin cake crumbs at the corners of your mouth and your mind is in food heaven instead of photography set-up mode… well, you end up with three very similar (ok, um, almost identical) pictures.
I know you will forgive me, though, because I am giving you the most awesome recipe for a baked fall treat.
First of all, it’s delicious and makes your house smell like a pumpkin-cinnamon wonderland.
Second of all, it’s amazingly light! And I don’t mean light and fluffy, although it’s a little bit of that, too. The light I’m talking about it the one where you feel skinny when you’re done eating it.
Third of all, it’s incredibly easy to make that it’s almost embarrassing. Like, cheater easy. Which is exactly why I made it yesterday and now have only 5 slices left. Out of 16.
Good thing it’s light?
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all ingredients (except last 4) together using an electric mixer. Beat for 3-4 minutes. Pour into greased bundt pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Mix last 4 ingredients to make the glaze while cake is baking. Let cool completely. Drizzle with glaze.
As if you needed another reason to have two slices.
- - eCookbook with our top 25 recipes
- - Email Updates for new recipes
- - Exclusive discounts on our products