Mmmk, not so much. Us normal people don’t care much for shrively grapes in our cereal.
But don’t mind if I do – I’m going to be a raisin hypocrite right now and tell you about how Raisin Bran changed my breakfast life – and I’m not talking about the cereal category. I’m talking about Raisin Bran in my mmmuffins.
Let’s talk raisins.
Those hard shrively grapes that we all know and don’t love and pick out of our cereal? I don’t know how or why, but they become the most soft sweet nuggets of joy inside this pillowy bran muffin. It’s a total raisin makeover and I luv it.
And did I mention you can keep this batter in the refrigerator and make a fresh-baked muffin every morning of the week? You’re welcome.
Just plop some of that batter into a mug or ramekin. Microwave it for about a minute, top it with butter and honey, impulsively make and eat another one, and then run out the door with honey on your face.
Not like that’s happened to me or anything.
- ½ cup oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk (sub 1 cup milk and 1 cup plain yogurt)
- 4 cups Raisin Bran cereal
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- Mix in order and bake in muffin tin at 400 degrees for 12-20 minutes, depending on pan size. (My large muffin tin took about 18 minutes). Let cool at least 10 minutes. Top with butter and honey.
- Save leftover batter in the refrigerator. For individual servings, scoop into ramekin/mug and microwave for 1 minute.
It’s Monday. You deserve an inappropriately large muffin with butter and honey.
Make them and become a raisin hypocrite with me?
- - eCookbook with our top 25 recipes
- - Email Updates for new recipes
- - Exclusive discounts on our products