So you feel best when you eat wholesome foods but you’re also never not craving something warm and yummy from the oven?
A) You are understood here, and B) YOU CAME TO THE RIGHT PLACE.
Today that warm, cozy, wholesome but also buttered-and-honeyed answer is coming in the form of pleasantly dense, lightly springy, and naturally sweet snacking carrot muffins that are flecked with tiny bits of carrots and oats – just textured enough to keep it fun, playful, and happy.
Is it an open invitation for a melty smear of butter or coconut oil with honey? Is it the perfect warm and satisfying match for your morning or afternoon coffee? Is it a day-brightener and a body-booster? It most certainly is.
This recipe is happily flexible with toppings and mix-ins. You can add any number of things and end up with a carrot muffin that is entirely YOU.
We have a favorite saying: the little things are the big things. And today a warm, buttered, honey-drizzled carrot muffin is the very important little big thing.Print
Favorite Carrot Muffins that are warm, cozy, and wholesome! A naturally sweet snacking muffin flecked with tiny bits of carrots and oats, smeared with some butter and honey. YES.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 8 medjool dates, pits removed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 3–4 carrots, peeled and shredded (about 2 cups total)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- walnuts or raisins (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grate your carrots.
- Mix all ingredients in a blender until a chunky batter comes together.
- Pour batter into a greased or lined muffin tin. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until the tops gently spring back when you press into them.
- Smear warm muffins with butter and/or honey. Attempt not to eat them all. Serve warm or cold ALL DAY LONG. ♡
The equipment section above contain an affiliate link to a product we use and love!
If your dates are on the firm side, soak them in hot water for a bit first so they are easier to blend!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: carrot cake, carrot muffins, healthy muffins, blender muffins, carrot cake muffins
One More Thing!
This recipe is part of our yummy carrot recipes page. Check it out!