Remember when I never posted Seoul pictures?
We had a great time on our three-day-pre-Philippines-mini-vacation and absolutely loved experiencing Seoul. But then I left my DSLR in my messy suitcase for a year. Woops.
One of the best things about our trip was the sweet, charming, and artsy little bed and breakfast where we stayed called 126 Guesthouse Mansion. (Please note Shiru the dog sitting on the bookshelf. This place has character.)
Our beds were floor mattresses, our breakfast was kimchi, and our bathroom was a shower. It was authentically Korean and authentically refreshing.
In case you needed another reason to make this your next stop in Seoul, meet Hyunchung, who runs the whole operation with her mom and sisters. And who is awesome.
That fried thing oozing with honey pretty much sums up our eating experience in Seoul.
Seoul = fun.
In case you want to know what I’ve been eating every day this week, it’s this Skinny Garlic Fried Rice. In case you want to know what I’ll be eating all weekend, it’s Mango Float Cupcakes because this afternoon I found a cupcake shop right down the road.
- 2 cups cooked, cold brown rice
- 3 tablespoons oil, divided
- ½ head green cabbage, shredded
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- (also any other vegetables that you want)
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, grated or minced
- 1 1-inch piece ginger, grated or minced
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet. Saute the onion, garlic, and ginger until soft and fragrant.
- Add another 1 tablespoon oil to the pan and add the vegetables. Saute until tender-crisp. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Add the rice and 1 tablespoon oil (if needed). Stir fry until heated through and/or lightly browned. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with lime (or calamansi, if in the Philippines) and soy sauce.
Happy Happy Weekend!