It actually all started with a pizza. A delicious Thai Chicken Pizza.
And in an effort to save my appetite for Christmas Eve dinner, the Thai Chicken Pizza ingredients morphed themselves into a Thai Chicken Salad.
And it was a beautiful thing.
I would eat this any day of the week, and for any length of time, but it’s especially perfect for post-Christmas eating.
My reasoning tells me that this extra healthy salad basically nullifies anything I’ve eaten over the last few days. Thank goodness.
- 2 tbs. fresh minced ginger
- ½ cup peanut buter
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbs. soy sauce
- 3 tbs. hoisin sauce
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- pulled rotisserie chicken
- shredded/grated carrots
- bean sprouts (alfafa sprouts)
- green onions
- Whisk together ginger, peanut buter, water, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and red pepper flake in a small bowl...and voila! Spicy Thai peanut dressing, homemade.
- Chop and mix the remaining ingredients
- Drizzle with dressing
What are your go-to foods for post-holiday eating?
Care to share your best Christmas gift, given or received? I recieved a subscription to Eating Well magazine, a blanket from Pottery Barn, and a gift certificate for a weekend getaway.
And I gave a Keurig to my husband. Read: to myself.