Oh my December. This calls for a muffin or three!
Muffins are so lovable that if I make them on Saturday, which I obviously do, always, I will end up eating at least three. It’s guaranteed. I am sucker for those little muffies. Especially if they aren’t actually little.
Apples plus muffins? Yes, friends. I’m gettin’ wild.
The obsession continues today because I’m giving you a recipe for apple muffins that is perfectly sized for just you. And your special someone.
This is a cute little recipe for just 3-4 muffins! Yay for easy, small batch baking!
Yay for eating the whole small batch while Bjork is working out!
Um, I mean, you know…
Maybe double it. Just in case.
- ½ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- ½ apple, finely chopped or grated
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon milk or cream
- Mix dry ingredients together. Combine milk and egg - add to dry ingredients.
- Add melted butter and mix well. Combine 1 tablespoon sugar with chopped apples. Stir apples into batter.
- Fill 3-4 greased muffin tins and bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until tops and golden brown and spring back when pressed.
- For glaze - combine powdered sugar with vanilla and milk, adding a teaspoon of milk at a time until glaze reaches desired consistency.
Besides loving all things apple and muffin, I am also loving this band!
They’re called Boyce Avenue and they allow me to love pop music in a new way. And I love pop music in all ways.
Are you going to buy their CD as a Christmas gift to yourself? Good idea.
- - eCookbook with our top 25 recipes
- - Email Updates for new recipes
- - Exclusive discounts on our products