Coconut Curry Ramen with a creamy golden broth, pan-fried vegetables, cubes of golden brown tofu, and steamy delicious ramen noodles.
This post contains referral links for products we love. Pinch of Yum earns a small commission on these links at no cost to you, and the links will always be marked with an asterisk. We ♡ honesty!
How about we make a noodle dish that’s kind of a curry, but also kind of a ramen, and happens to be almost unnoticeably vegan? Like, one where you can clean out the fridge, but also kind of make it Instagramably beautiful, all while feeling like you’re eating takeout?
I have a feeling you are gonna love this.
Quick run-through on the coconut curry ramen wish list:
- A golden broth packed with rich flavor a la shiitake mushrooms, garlic, and ginger
- A touch of creaminess thank you coconut milk
- Pan-fried vegetables of the mushroom and greens (or whatever’s in your fridge) variety
- Cubes of golden brown tofu that walk that fine line between crispy and sticky and saucy
- Heavy pulls of long, steamy, delicious ramen noodles
You guys, this ramen DELIVERS. We listed our wishes and it does not disappoint.
Why are we even still here, really? Why are we not all tipping our bowls back and slurping every last drop of this vegan miracle?
How To Make This Yummy Vegan Coconut Curry Ramen
You need: vegetables, and ramen, and coconut milk.
The chopping will take a minute. And mushrooms are annoying to clean. I get it. Don’t panic. It’s all worth it.
Meanwhile, you’ve started your tofu in the oven because oven-baked tofu can, in fact, be very delicious. Or make it however you’d like.
The noodles go in at the last minute – we just simmer that veg-y broth, add the noodles till they cook, and then put a scoop of tofu pieces on top.
Along with: sesame oil, sesame seeds, green onions, and lime squeezers.
This is, to me, the most perfect blend of everything I crave all the time which is creamy curry and noodles and big, bossy flavor.
Go ramen go ramen go!
Check Out Our Video For How To Make Coconut Curry Ramen:
Coconut Curry Ramen with a creamy golden broth, pan-fried vegetables, cubes of golden brown tofu, and steamy delicious ramen noodles. Bonus: it’s vegan!
- one 14-ounce package extra firm tofu
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- drizzle of oil and soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
Coconut Curry Ramen:
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 8 oz. shiitake mushrooms (2-3 cups sliced)
- 2 bok choy, chopped (2–3 cups chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- one 1-inch piece of peeled fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 6–8 oz. ramen noodles (see notes)
- one 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- squeeze of lime juice
Optional Finishing Touches:
- sesame oil
- hoisin sauce
- chili paste
- green onions
- sesame seeds
- Tofu: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Press some / most of the water out of the tofu. Cut into cubes. Toss gently in a bowl with the cornstarch until coated. Drizzle with oil and soy sauce. Transfer to baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes, until golden and crispy. Toss with a little bit of hoisin sauce.
- Chopping: While tofu bakes, chop the veggies.
- Vegetables: Heat the oil in a large, deep pot over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and bok choy. Saute for 3-5 minutes, until soft. Add garlic, ginger, and curry powder. Saute for 3-5 minutes, until fragrant.
- Noodles: Add the broth and bring to a simmer. Add ramen noodles and simmer until cooked (usually takes 3-4 minutes). Add coconut milk. Season with salt and lime juice.
- Finish: Serve ramen and broth in bowls, topped with tofu, sesame oil, sesame seeds, green onions… you get the idea. Grab your chopsticks and Go. To. Town.
Ramen Noodles: You can use the classic packaged ramen (noodles only, without the seasoning packet). OR these are our favorite ramen noodles that are pictured in the recipe. SO GOOD.
This will keep as leftovers, but the ramen noodles will soak up quite a bit of the liquid, so you may need to add some water or broth to thin it back out.
Noodle amount: I prefer 6 ounces because I like a pretty good veg-to-noodle ratio. But if you want more noodles, go with the full 8-9 ounces (depending on your package) and just add a bit more liquid.
Substitutions: Shiitake mushrooms have the best flavor for this, but the more regular button mushrooms work, too. And bok choy can be replaced with spinach or other greens.
Tofu Pro Tip: If you want that reeeally golden brown look, toss your hoisin-ed tofu into a skillet and pan-fry for a few minutes to get it extra browned. Totally optional, but very pretty.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: Thai-Inspired
Keywords: coconut curry ramen, ramen soup, ramen recipe
This recipe was inspired by the Ramen Bowl in the Chloe Flavor Cookbook!*❤️
Time To Show You Off!
Tag @pinchofyum on Instagram for a chance to be featured
One More Thing!
This recipe is part of our collection of easy tofu recipes. Check it out!