This recipe is sponsored by ALDI
Let me just roll this out: Italian Chicken Sausages, plus onions and peppers, all grilled and juicy and tucked into a toasted (but still fluffy) brioche bun swizzled with a punchy little aioli to tie it all up.
Is it summer? I think it is almost summer.
I’m sending my greetings from the land where the sun now shines and grilling for dinner has once again become an option! I hope this is true for most if not all of us?! Because nothing makes quarantine life a little more exciting than taking the kitchen operations OUTSIDE. Trees. Birds. Concrete.
I don’t know what’s outside for you but whatever it is, it is OUTSIDE. And outside is not inside. And this is progress.
Progress that tastes like every good, juicy, zippy, grilled and roasty thing.
My friend Angela – remember Ang’s tortellini soup? – was texting with me about ALDI (yes, really) and she told me she had made their chicken sausages with sautéed peppers and onions on the grill and that it was simple and amazing. Related: if you don’t already have a friend with whom you text a detailed report of almost every meal, please consider.
So I decided to try it out. Here are my (mostly organic, always affordable) ALDI faves for this recipe:
- Simply Nature Organic Stir In Pastes for the aioli (basil and garlic)
- Peppers and onions
- Simply Nature Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Never Any! Italian Style Chicken Sausages with no antibiotics or hormones
- Stonemill Roasted Garlic & Herb Grill Seasoning
- Specially Selected Brioche Hot Dog Buns – cannot say enough good things, we love these burger and hot dog buns
Okay, these look more intense than they are. Are you ready?
Grill peppers and onions. (With some olive oil and garlic herb seasoning.)
Grill Italian chicken sausages.
Assemble in buns, with aioli, and squeezes of more lemon.
YOU DID IT!
This is a happy, delicious, messy-in-a-good-way summer night waiting to happen.Print
Grilled Sausages, plus onions and peppers, all grilled and juicy and tucked into a toasted (but still fluffy) brioche bun swizzled with a punchy little aioli to tie it all up. SO GOOD.
Sausage and Peppers
- 1 package Never Any! Mild Italian Style Chicken Sausages (4 individual sausages)
- 2 bell peppers, cut into slices
- half of an onion, cut into slices
- 1/2 tablespoon Stonemill Roasted Garlic Herb Grill Seasoning
- olive oil, lemon juice, and salt
- 4 Specially Selected Brioche Hot Dog Buns
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Nature Organic Garlic Stir in Paste
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Nature Organic Basil Stir in Paste (optional, or sub fresh herbs)
- salt and lemon juice to taste
- Whisk aioli in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Toss peppers and onions with the garlic herb seasoning (or whatever other spices you want). Drizzle with enough oil so they won’t stick on the grill.
- Place sausages directly on the grill. Place peppers and onion slices in a grill basket or a cast iron pan on the grill. Grill both until you get nice grill marks and the veggies are soft. At the end of grilling time, add the brioche buns, cut side down, to get them toasty.
- Transfer peppers to a bowl and toss with lemon juice, more olive oil as needed, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve each grilled chicken sausage on a toasted bun with a scoop of grilled peppers and a swizzle of your aioli. YUM. At our house, extra aioli was requested for certain grown-ups for “dipping,” so just be prepared for that.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: grilled sausages and peppers, garlic aioli, grilled sausages
Thank you to ALDI for sponsoring this post!
One more thing!
This recipe is part of our favorite bell pepper recipes page. Check it out!