Hey friends, it’s me! Still cooking, still blogging, STILL TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT TO HAVE FOR DINNER.
9 out of 10 times this month, these Buffalo Chicken Tacos have been my answer.
Gang’s all there: buffalo tangy, salty browned bits of broiled chicken covered with a limey fresh slaw and a smothering of homemade ranch, all tucked into a pan-charred tortilla, and suddenly it’s Tuesday night and my mouth is having a total rave.
It’s all the good things we like in a weeknight wonder:
- Mindlessly easy.
- Flavortown USA.
- But not like, heavy-filling. More like, fresh-filling.
- Saucy, crispy, crunchy, TEXTURAL HEAVEN.
A few things to know.
About The Chicken
PLEASE use boneless skinless chicken thighs even if you think you don’t like chicken thighs. We’re going to cook them in buffalo sauce, gently pull apart with two forks, and broil them until they resemble straight-up carnitas level yumminess.
If you use chicken breasts, they won’t roast up the same way. Chicken thighs roast into crispy bits AND stay nice and juicy because there’s more fat in them. It’s so good.
About The Slaw
Very flexible. Just shred some cabbage or really just other crispy veggies and toss with some salt and lime. Mwah.
About The Ranch
You guys, I am very pro-shortcuts and I only say this when I really think it matters, so here I go: please do not use store-bought ranch for this. This homemade ranch is so saucy and creamy and fresh in a way that just makes the whole thing sing and I would be sad for you to miss out on the crowning glory of this taco.
If anything can make me rethink my attitude about weeknight cooking, it’s these tangy, crunchy, fresh buffalo chicken tacos loaded with crispy bits of broiled chicken and showered with a drizzle of homemade ranch. Like, can we just have these every night?
You know what to do.
Check Out Our Video For How To Make Buffalo Chicken Tacos:Print
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Tacos! Buffalo broiled chicken covered with a limey slaw and a smothering of homemade ranch, all tucked into a charred tortilla.
- 1.25 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried dill (or about 1/4 cup fresh)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
- shredded cabbage
- Place chicken, seasonings, and buffalo sauce in the Instant Pot. Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. Allow for natural pressure release for 5-10 minutes. When chicken is done, shred with two forks.
- While chicken cooks, make the ranch. Combine everything in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Transfer shredded chicken and sauce to a baking sheet. Broil for 10-15 minutes until browned and crispy.
- Assemble tacos: buffalo chicken, mashed avocado, shredded cabbage, lime squeeze, cheese of choice, and ranch all in a nice fluffy tortilla.
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products we use and love!
Kid-Friendly Adaptation: Cook the chicken in broth instead of buffalo sauce. Shred and drain off excess liquid. Put some of the chicken aside for the kiddos (plain, no sauce) and toss the remaining chicken with the buffalo sauce before you broil it.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: buffalo chicken, instant pot buffalo chicken, chicken tacos, buffalo chicken tacos, weeknight dinner