First of all, hi.
Second of all, help.
Thirdly, put one of these cookie cheesecake bars in your mouth asap.
How to make our Cookie Cheesecake Bars (1 min):
Peanut butter chocolate chip cookie cheesecake bars. -→ I know it. The name is way too long. But I can’t think straight or see straight or do anything normal right now, except I can see the fridge, and I’m thinking there are maybe three bars left in there right now? Given my current state, it is for surely necessary to list every yummy layer of this creamy crumbly peanut buttery cookie bar in its name. A heaping scoop of peanut butter, a whole lotta chocolate chip cookie, and obvi the cheesecake?
Here, have another one.
These bars did a little number on me.
A little number I like to call didn’t-eat-any-real-food-all-day.
And how-is-half-the-pan-gone-already, and I’ll-just-even-out-this-row, and maybe-my-neighbor-doesn’t-need-all-four-of-those.
You know those dessert bars that you make with full intentions to bring to chess club or soap making class or your apartment guards, but then you find yourself washing out the empty pan and realizing that you never really shared them? At. All? That’s these and that person is me.
I’m sure you can do better, though, and I’m sure your “friends” will love these.
Right? Oh yes, baby. I’m right.
These peanut butter chocolate chip cookie cheesecake bars are just as extreme as they sound. For true dessert lovers! Super yummy!
- 1 stick butter, unsalted (1/2 cup), softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (less if you don’t like salty/sweet)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Make the cookie dough: Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cream the butter, sugars, and peanut butter until smooth and fluffy. Add the egg and beat until incorporated. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add the flour mixture in with the butter and sugar, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the oats and chocolate chips.
- Make the cheesecake filling: Cream the cream cheese, egg, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Press half to two-thirds of the cookie dough in the bottom of a 9-inch square baking dish. Pour the cheesecake filling over the dough. Crumble the remaining dough and sprinkle over the top, OR roll it into a flat layer and place it over the cheesecake layer.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes; remove foil and bake for another 15-20 minutes, or until tops is lightly browned and cheesecake layer is set. Serve warm or cold and store leftover bars in refrigerator.
PS. As if I really eat these with a fork. Pshh. The things we do for pictures.