Hellooo gingerbread scents.
Hellooo Justin Beiber Christmas album. What?
Remember when I told you that this frosting was my life? I wasn’t lying. And good news! I’ve made it acceptable to eat it for breakfast. A soft, warm, spicy donut with smooth frosting? That’s a whole lot of pre-holiday cheer.
And the good news doesn’t stop there.
Today there’s a giveaway for a mini-donut pan on Pinch of Yum’s Facebook page! Go.get.it.now.
Because seriously, this is the best possible thing you could whip up in 15 minutes (no, seriously) for your holiday company, and you need a mini-donut pan to do it.
Don’t have holiday company? Me either. And I’m just sayin, I’ve never had a problem with too many leftover mini-donuts.
- 1 cup flour (I used white whole wheat)
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- pinch of allspice
- pinch of cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- For the donuts, preheat oven to 350. Mix all dry ingredients.
- Whisk in moist ingredients. Pour batter into a gallon-sized plastic bag and cut the corner off. Pipe the batter into a greased mini-donut pan, filling each donut space about ½ full (for me, this was about 22 mini donuts). Bake for about 7-8 minutes. Remove from oven and take each donut out of the pan.
- For the glaze, melt 2 tablespoons butter with ¼ cup brown sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and boil for about 2 minutes. Add maple syrup and 1 tablespoon milk and bring back to a boil. Add powdered sugar, using the last tablespoon of milk to help thin out the frosting if needed. Keep over low heat (otherwise it will start to crystallize) and dunk each mini donut into the frosting. Frosting should set almost immediately.
PS. In case you wanted to know, the nutrition information is for 2 donuts. And in case you didn’t want to know, the nutrition information is for, um, 8 donuts.
PPS. I just had an incredible vision: early morning Black Friday
insanity shopping, hearing the sweet sounds of Bieber Christmas at the mall, followed by pajamas and a heaping plate of at least 8 warm baked gingerbread mini donuts.
Wait – even better vision: shopping online in my pajamas, listening to my Bieber Christmas Pandora station, while eating at least 10 mini donuts and simultaneously donating to my favorite cause in the world. That’s for real, friendz! Check it out.