September 9, 2015
Seriously pinch me.
Our first ever Tasty Food Photography workshop has come and gone in about three little winks of an eye.
On Friday night, as I was “getting ready for bed” aka nervously running through all possible scenarios and details and mishaps and re-listing all the last minute additions to the weekend and doing everything EXCEPT sleeping, I had this thought: Sunday is going to come, and I’m going to find myself having a burger and fries with Bjork, talking about how crazy-fun the weekend was. Because it will be DONE. On Sunday, it’s just going to be done. Time is so slippery like that.
And that’s exactly how it happened, except the burger was a reuben and the fries were a piping hot dish of spinach and artichoke dip. It’s just… these are the important details, uknow?
I have a billion and one pictures from the weekend to share so you can get a small tiny feeling like you were there in that mouse-on-the-wall-of-the-internet way, and along with that, it might be worth mentioning a few highlights to fully paint the picture for you.
- a fantastic group of attendees who were all members of our Pinch of Yum VIP team on Facebook 💜
- lots of Keynote slides with picture examples (former teacher and lover of slides in the howwwwse)
- lots of demo and practice shooting
- plenty of Bai5 to keep the hydration UP UP UP
- a style-your-own Chipotle lunch AND a style-your-own pancake bar
- adorable flowers and name tags and succulents on the tables which I had absolutely nothing to do with – thank you Amanda!
- vanilla and raspberry pistachio Copper Hen cupcakes which are the most beautiful things you’ll ever see
- breakfasty croissant sandwiches from French Meadow Cafe – my all-time favorite brunch place in Minneapolis and St. Paul
- an impromptu demo of artificial lights outside of the studio in the dark hallway
- some really awesome take-home fun for attendees including K’ul chocolate a major Erickson Wood Works discount for photography backgrounds