I think I could be a vegetarian if it were not for sausage.
I love sausage. I love a good brunch. And I love my friends. And I really love a reunion with friends who I don’t see more than a few times each year. And ultimately, if that reunion could include a brunch that includes sausage? Power combo.
Then again, just about anything we could do or eat with these friends seems better than what we did a few years ago: two days of camping in the freezing cold rain and eating PB&J sandwiches in our schnazzy car (the one with over 200,000 miles on it).
Nothing brings people together like the need for warmth, shelter, and a shower.
But if given the choice, I’d prefer to be brought together by this amazingly pretty and colorful quiche.
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 1 can cream of mushroom/chicken soup
- 1½ cups cooked breakfast sausage or bacon, drained
- 1 diced onion
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella (or other) cheese
- 7 beaten eggs
- 2-3 handfuls of spinach
- ½ cup chopped roasted red pepper (I used the jarred kind)
- salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients and bake at 375 for about 40 minutes. Let stand for about 10 minutes before serving.
I considered dumping a few spoonfuls of that yummy Avocado Tomatillo Sauce over this. But then the spoonfuls ended up in my mouth before they made it to the plate. No worries; this quiche can definitely stand alone!
- - eCookbook with our top 25 recipes
- - Email Updates for new recipes
- - Exclusive discounts on our products