Today I bring you one and only one very important message:
This breakfast sandwich is life.
Over-the-top, super-indulgently, borderline-trashed-up, must-make, weekend brunch LIFE. Sleep in, wake up, pull on sweatshirt, assemble bed head top knot, grab coffee, make sandwich.
Breakfast sandwich includes but not limited to:
- Egg (SOFT SCRAMBLE because it changed your life too, right?)
- Garlic Butter Tomato Sauce
I extend all my breakfast sandwich love to any variations of this creation. English muffins. Pepperjack Cheese. Roasted red peppers. Magic Green Sauce.
👆🏼 The essential is obviously the soft scramble, which we talked about at length earlier this week. This is no McD’s breakfast sandwich (although, to be fair, I have been known to eat and love a Sausage Biscuit with Egg in moments of weakness). But no, there are no perfectly formed egg disk here.
We’re talking about super creamy, gently cooked, soft scrambled eggs. Life changing.
👆🏼 Also: since Garlic Butter Tomato Sauce has become a semi-staple in our fridge, obvi, let’s get a swipe of that going in this party.
In the last month: I’ve made these for myself, then our team, then for our friend Joe when he stayed with us for a few days, and again during the week to make life a little more manageable. Overkill and I care zero percent. ♡
It is just THE ULTIMATE breakfast sandwich.
Go pick up some croissants.
Crushing hard on that weekend lyfe.
The Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich with eggs, bacon, guacamole, chunky tomato sauce, pepper jack cheese, all on a toasted croissant. Kinda spicy. Kinda buttery. Kinda crunchy. Totally over the top.
- 8 eggs
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- 4 croissants
- pepperjack cheese
- basic garlic butter tomato sauce
- Toast your croissants for a few minutes in a 350 degree oven, cut side down on a cooking sheet. You can also do this in the toaster if your croissants fit in there.
- When croissants are toasted and all other ingredients are out and ready, cook up your eggs. SOFT SCRAMBLED, remember?
- Assemble sandwiches immediately, while eggs are at their best – a layer of tomato sauce, eggs, cheese, bacon, and guac on top. Holy wow.
You don’t have you use a croissant. An English muffin is also tasty. But, come on.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: breakfast sandwich, egg and bacon breakfast sandwich, easy breakfast sandwich
One more thing!
This recipe is part of our collection of favorite egg recipes. Check it out!