Golden Soup is hee-yahhh.
What exactly is golden soup, you ask? Friends, it’s a lifestyle. It’s a like-to-eat-healthy-food, but-like-to-eat-cozy-food-more, and-have-eaten-out-a-lot-lately-so-need-intervention-quickly kind of lifestyle. You know the kind. You know if Golden Soup is right for you. If it fits, you just know.
This soup has:
- turmeric (hence the big, beautiful golden-ness)
- garlic / onions
- olive oil
- squeeze of lemon juice – just trust
- crispy chickpeas and parsley and more olive oil on top
and therefore it also has the power to:
- reduce inflammation
- boost antioxidants
- make skin happy
- make tummy happy
- generally be very healing.
Bonus for the lifestyle part: it takes about 25 minutes to make, and it tastes like the most wonderful creamy goodness of winter.
If it feels like I’m selling you something, it’s because I am. I AM SELLING YOU GOLDEN SOUP.
How to Make Our Golden Soup (1 MIN):
And those roasted chickpeas on top? I THINK YES.
This is a gem of the wintertime.
It is delicious and lovely and good for you all while being silky, seductive, and creamy-yumo.
If you try it and love it, tag me on Instagram if you have a second it before you drink this soup down. Maybe we can swap golden soup pics? Shouldn’t be too hard – it’s basically my lunch every day. Golden Soup Goddess, that’s who I am.
Cozy, bright, and healing with power-foods like turmeric, cauliflower, and cashews. Topped with crispy chickpeas. Super creamy and SO GOOD.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- half an onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into about 5 cups of chunks or florets
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 tablespoon turmeric – see notes
- 7–8 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- Sauté: Heat the oil in a deep soup pot. Add the onion, garlic, cauliflower, cashews, and turmeric. Sauté for 10 minutes or until very fragrant.
- Simmer: Add the water (I usually start with 4 cups) and salt. Simmer until softened.
- Blend: Transfer the soup to a blender and blend into a creamy consistency. It’s best to do this in batches.
- Finish: Return to the soup pot and add any additional water (remaining 2-3 cups) if you need to thin it out. Also a good time to season with more salt and a squeeze of lemon juice. Also a good time to top with spiced chickpeas and parsley and olive oil and more salt and put on your most comfy sweater and FALL IN LOVE. ♡
For the Spiced Chickpea Topping: Drain and rinse 2 14-ounce cans chickpeas. Spread them on a baking sheet. Preheat oven to 400. Sprinkle chickpeas with a dusting of cumin, smoked paprika, turmeric, salt, and/or any other spice combo you want. Drizzle with olive oil. Stir right on the pan, then roast for 30-40 minutes or until semi-crispy.
Turmeric: Turmeric has a strong flavor, so if you’ve never tried it before and you’re not sure you will like it, I would suggest using 1-2 teaspoons to start. If you’re a confident turmeric user, go for the full 1 tablespoon!
Blender Stains: Depending on your blender, this soup can leave a stain from the turmeric. If this happens, we recommend leaving your blender sitting in a window in the sun for a day or two which will help get rid of the stains!