Golden Soup is hee-yahhh.
What exactly is golden soup, you ask? Friends, it’s a lifestyle. It’s a like-to-eat-healthy-food, but-like-to-eat-cozy-food-more, and-have-eaten-out-a-lot-lately-so-need-intervention-quickly kind of lifestyle. You know the kind. You know if Golden Soup is right for you. If it fits, you just know.
This soup has:
- turmeric (hence the big, beautiful golden-ness)
- garlic / onions
- olive oil
- squeeze of lemon juice – just trust
- crispy chickpeas and parsley and more olive oil on top
and therefore it also has the power to:
- reduce inflammation
- boost antioxidants
- make skin happy
- make tummy happy
- generally be very healing.
Bonus for the lifestyle part: it takes about 25 minutes to make, and it tastes like the most wonderful creamy goodness of winter.
If it feels like I’m selling you something, it’s because I am. I AM SELLING YOU GOLDEN SOUP.
How to Make Our Golden Soup (1 MIN):
And those roasted chickpeas on top? I THINK YES.
This is a gem of the wintertime.
It is delicious and lovely and good for you all while being silky, seductive, and creamy-yumo.
If you try it and love it, tag me on Instagram if you have a second it before you drink this soup down. Maybe we can swap golden soup pics? Shouldn’t be too hard – it’s basically my lunch every day. Golden Soup Goddess, that’s who I am.
Cozy, bright, and healing with power-foods like turmeric, cauliflower, and cashews. Topped with crispy chickpeas. Super creamy and SO GOOD.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- half an onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into about 5 cups of chunks or florets
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 tablespoon turmeric – see notes
- 7–8 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- Sauté: Heat the oil in a deep soup pot. Add the onion, garlic, cauliflower, cashews, and turmeric. Sauté for 10 minutes or until very fragrant.
- Simmer: Add the water (I usually start with 4 cups) and salt. Simmer until softened.
- Blend: Transfer the soup to a blender and blend into a creamy consistency. It’s best to do this in batches.
- Finish: Return to the soup pot and add any additional water (remaining 2-3 cups) if you need to thin it out. Also a good time to season with more salt and a squeeze of lemon juice. Also a good time to top with spiced chickpeas and parsley and olive oil and more salt and put on your most comfy sweater and FALL IN LOVE. ♡
For the Spiced Chickpea Topping: Drain and rinse 2 14-ounce cans chickpeas. Spread them on a baking sheet. Preheat oven to 400. Sprinkle chickpeas with a dusting of cumin, smoked paprika, turmeric, salt, and/or any other spice combo you want. Drizzle with olive oil. Stir right on the pan, then roast for 30-40 minutes or until semi-crispy.
Turmeric: Turmeric has a strong flavor, so if you’ve never tried it before and you’re not sure you will like it, I would suggest using 1-2 teaspoons to start. If you’re a confident turmeric user, go for the full 1 tablespoon!
Blender Stains: Depending on your blender, this soup can leave a stain from the turmeric. If this happens, we recommend leaving your blender sitting in a window in the sun for a day or two which will help get rid of the stains!
We love that you loved it!
One More Thing!
This recipe is part of our collection of best healthy soups. Check it out!