Hello and welcome and please just know upfront that I am very, very into this lentil-y Greek salad.
Who knew that lentils (black, because pretty), tomatoes, cucumbers, fresh dill, pepperoncini, kalamatas, and a big dollop of the world’s fastest dill yogurt sauce on top could make a person’s life so joyful. Like, calling from the rooftops joyful. HEY YOU! LOOK AT ME! I’M IN LOVE WITH A MEAL PREP GREEK SALAD!
And now I’m going to draw the line in the sand.
You can add tuna to this.
Let’s break this down. I don’t normally like canned tuna, and currently I think there are literally zero recipes on Pinch of Yum that use canned tuna. But here I am opening cans of tuna like it’s my job, because surprise: tuna fits into this salad like a dream.
- If you don’t like tuna, that’s okay. Skip it.
- If you do like tuna, look for a brand that uses responsibly sourced and high quality tuna. I like Wild Planet brand. (They also make canned salmon should you find yourself in need of some salmon burgers later.)
- If you do like tuna, not to brag, but you’re getting some really awesome nutrition with extra Omega 3 oils and a nice punch of protein. Well done.
But tuna isn’t really the star here. It’s the veg.
Lentils, tomatoes, and cucumbers set up the crunchy, filling, clean-eating base, and then the kalamatas and pepperoncinis and dill yogurt sauce come in and make it a party. Feta on top? I’m not mad.
Check out our video for how to make Lentil Greek Salad:
Meal Prep Lentil Greek Salad! Lentils, tomatoes, cucumbers, pepperoncini, kalamatas, and a big dollop of homemade fresh dill yogurt sauce. YUM.
Greek Lentil Salad:
- 1 cup uncooked lentils
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 2 3-ounce can of tuna, drained and flaked (optional)
- pepperoncini or kalamata olives (optional)
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 generous pinch of fresh or freeze-dried dill
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cook your lentils.
- Segment ingredients in meal prep containers.
- Mix the yogurt ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Store everything in the fridge.
- When you’re ready to eat, mix each salad and drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt. Top with a dollop of the dill yogurt. YUM YUM YUM.
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products we use and love!
Lentils: I used black lentils and I cooked mine in the Instant Pot – 3 cups water, 1 cup lentils, pinch of salt, 3 minutes high pressure, quick release, and drain.
Protein: So many options! Chicken, shrimp, salmon… use whatever you’ve got.
Extra Add-ins: Feta, dill, red onion, sun dried tomatoes, SKY IS THE LIMIT.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Chop
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
One more thing!
This recipe is part of our collection of best healthy meal prep recipes. Check it out!