It tastes like takeout, really – garlic and ginger setting the tone, diced bits of vegetables and pieces of soft scrambled eggs bulking it up, soy sauce and sesame oil tying the whole thing together, chewy baked tofu for the crown jewel on top, and cauliflower “rice” just making it conveniently lower carb and more nutritious.
This is not the first time cauliflower fried rice has shown its face around these parts, and it probably won’t be the last because #obsessed.
I first met cauliflower rice when I made this cauliflower fried rice a few years ago – but today, we’re taking it up a notch. Or down?
Down so we can go up?
Basically, we’re making this as simple as possible so it can be a 15 Minute Meal Prep recipe, and also! adding the best baked tofu of your life.
Here’s what we’re working with:
- cauliflower rice
- frozen vegetables
- garlic, ginger
- soy sauce, sesame oil, Sriracha
If you start the tofu process right away, it can bake while you get the fried rice going.
And the tofu is kind of optional, yes, sure…
but also kind of not.
I studied up on this method from Cookie + Kate and it was literally life changing. SO GOOD. Best tofu I’ve ever baked. Stays crispy and chewy and I gave it a little extra browning, because that’s how I roll. You can also make it other ways (see here).
Happy lunches ahead, you guys.
VERY. HAPPY. LUNCHES.
Check out our video for how to make Cauliflower Fried Rice:
Cauliflower Fried Rice! Healthy + clean fried rice made with cauliflower, carrots, onions, garlic, eggs, sesame oil and THE BEST baked crispy tofu. Vegetarian / vegan / gluten free.
- 15 ounces extra firm tofu, pressed and cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Cauliflower Fried Rice:
- 1 medium-sized head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- swish of olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 knob of ginger, grated
- 2–3 cups frozen peas and carrots (or really any veggies you want)
- a lil bit of soy sauce
- a lil bit of Sriracha
- swish of sesame oil
- 3 beaten eggs
- green onions for topping
- Tofu: Preheat the oven to 450. Toss the tofu, olive oil, soy sauce, and cornstarch together. Arrange on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20-30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Cauliflower: Run the florets through the food processor, in batches, until they reach a rice-like consistency.
- Fried “Rice”: Heat your olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger, peas, and carrots. When it’s really sizzling, add the cauliflower, soy sauce, and Sriracha. Saute for just a minute or two, until the cauliflower barely softens.
- Egg: Make a well in the middle of the hot pan. Add sesame oil and eggs, and gently pull the eggs around in the center with a spatula to make scrambled eggs. Once cooked, stir the scrambled eggs in with the fried rice.
- Done: Serve it up, top with more Sriracha and green onions, and live your best life.
Eggs: DO NOT stir the eggs into the cauliflower before they’re cooked. You want to cook them in the center first so that you get little chunks of scrambled eggs in the fried rice.
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: Asian
One More Thing!
This recipe is part of our collection of magical cauliflower recipes. Check it out!