Bjork here checking in for the monthly traffic and income report. If you’re not familiar with these reports be sure to check out last month’s report where I explain what these are and why we do them.
I’m keeping this month’s report short and sweet because we’re focusing on some exciting projects behind the scenes here at POY & FBP HQ.
Speaking of focus…
I focused the majority of my attention in September towards putting together an eBook. The eBook contains simple and practical advice from over 30 top food bloggers. So while Lindsay and I don’t have any advice or insight in this post, you’ll find a lot of awesome advice and insight from other bloggers in the eBook.
The focus of the eBook is…wait for it…focus.
Meta, I know.
We asked top bloggers this question:
“What do you think is the #1 most important thing for bloggers to focus on in the upcoming year and why do you think this is important?”
This type of insight – advice from people “in the know” – is one of the biggest factors contributing to the growth of Pinch of Yum and Food blogger Pro over the past 5+ years, which is why I’m so excited to share this with you.
So how much does the eBook cost? $29? $39? $129?
Nope – it’s FREE!
You can download it here.
I know that you’ll get a lot out of it, and the best part is that it won’t take you days to read. You should be able to get through it in an hour or less.
A big thank you to the 30+ bloggers and creatives that contributed to the project.
Let’s take a look at the numbers from last month.
A quick note: Some of the links below are affiliate links. All of the products listed below are products and services we’ve used before. If you have any questions about any of the income or expenses you can leave a comment and I’ll do my best to reply.
- Sponsored Posts/Speaking – $9,500.00
- AdThrive – $7,568.44
- Bluehost – $6,785 –> this income comes from a page where we show people how to start a food blog in three easy steps.
- Yellow Hammer Media – $4,223.51
- sovrn – $3,219.46
- Tasty Food Photography – $3,204.50
- Food Innovation Group – $2,834.66
- Federated Media – $2,598.47*
- Swoop – $2,511.74
- Gourmet Ads – $1,299.00
- Amazon Associates – $1,265.32
- How to Monetize Your Food Blog eBook – $660.00
- Genesis Theme – $531.50
- Food Innovation Group – $125.38
- Elegant Themes – $123.50
- Everyday Healthy eCookbook – $95.00
- Thesis Theme – $65.01
- The Creamy Cauliflower Sauce eCookbook – $63.00
- AWeber – $28.80
- YouTube Earnings – $14.80
- Google AdSense – $6.34
- Martha’s Circle – $2.86
*Federated Media is always delayed with releasing earnings reports, which means we don’t have hard numbers when we publish these reports. We estimate earnings by using CPM earnings from last month and multiplying that by the traffic we experienced this month.
- Theme Design and Development – $4,250.00
- Support Staff – $2,944.00
- Workshop Expenses – $1,383.71
- Travel – $1,005.75
- eBook Affiliates – $797.85
- ActiveCampaign – $563.00
- Media Temple (Hosting) – $429.00
- PayPal Transaction Percentage – $418.87
- Office and Photography Supplies – $326.77
- Food Expenses – $314.81
- MailChimp – $216.00
- iPhone Tripod – $192.78
- Amazon S3 and Cloudfront – $99.48
- Overwhelmingly – $79.00
- LeadPages – $67.00
- Adobe Creative Cloud – $53.55
- Zapier – $50.00
- PayPal Website Payments Pro – $30.00
- Shoeboxed – $29.95
- E-Junkie – $28.00
- QuickBooks – $26.95
- SumoMe – $20.00
- VaultPress – $20.00
- Buffer – $10.00
- Backupify – $9.00
Below are some screenshots from Google Analytics. You can click on these images to view a larger size.
Top Ten Traffic Sources
Mobile vs. Desktop vs. Tablet
That’s a wrap
That’s it for this month’s income report! Thanks for checking it out.
If you’re hungry for some tips and tricks be sure to check out the free eBook I mentioned at the beginning of this post.
Here’s that download link once more: