This recipe is sponsored by DeLallo
Yassss. I love when meal prep (or just a good meal in general) involves hearty whole wheat pasta, roasted cauliflower, and a creamy sauce with a hit of spice to it. Win, win, win.
That’s what’s happening today. We have a party up in this house:
- roasted red peppers
- spicy tomato sauce
- whole wheat pasta
- roasty cauliflower
- red pepper flakes
- YUM YUM YUM YUM
This is totally cheeseless and dairy-free. But still totally creamy and indulgent. Also: loaded with veg (cauliflower, roasted red peppers) and super filling (thank you, whole wheat pasta).
This week I am throwing this in my little meal prep containers (SO CUTE! I got them here) and portioning it out with some snackable snap peas and a handful of trail mix.
WHO’S A BOSS NOW.
Watch How to Make our Red Pepper Cashew Pasta (1 MIN):
Obviously we are using DeLallo whole wheat pasta, because we love DeLallo, because they feed us good food. DeLallo is absolutely the gold standard when it comes to whole wheat pasta. It’s rustic and hearty and the bronze-cut texture is next level. Sauces stick to it perfectly.
Speaking of sauce. DeLallo is one of the very few brands that doesn’t put added sugars in their tomato sauces! And since we are doing Sugar Free January and also looking for food that TASTES SUPER GOOD… DeLallo tomato sauce fits both categories. Double win.
I see a variety of situations where this recipe fits.
- Meal Prep. Get yourself ready for the week and look forward to lunches all week long.
- Feeding a Big Family. This makes a huge batch, so gather round, everyone.
- Date Night In. Add a green salad and a glass of wine. Look at you, fancy.
- Solo Couch Night. NEED I EVEN SAY MORE.
Here’s to you and me diving headfirst into pasta and roasted vegetables and spicy, creamy, red pepper cashew sauce. Heck to the yes.
Use the code PINCH25 at checkout to receive 25% off your purchase at DeLallo.com through 2/1/18! Excludes sampler kits and gift cards.
Red Pepper Cashew Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower. ♡ TOO GOOD TO EVEN BE TRUE. This sauce is a three-ingredient game-changer!
For the Roasted Cauliflower:
- 2 heads of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil + pinch of salt
For the Sauce and Pasta:
- Cauliflower: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Toss the cauliflower florets with the olive oil and salt and spread on a baking sheet. Bake/roast for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until nice and brown.
- Creamy Tomato Sauce: Blend the cashews, water, salt, pasta sauce, and red peppers together until very smooth and creamy. YUMMMMMM.
- Pasta: Cook pasta according to package directions. Toss cooked pasta with some of the sauce (however much you want – you’ll probably have some leftover) and most of the roasted cauliflower (I reserve a little to make for a fancy topping).
This will make extra sauce. I had enough leftover for a second half-batch of this recipe.
Thank you to DeLallo for sponsoring this post!