The good news is this: even if it’s not summer, even if you live far away from any sort of ocean, even if you don’t really know anything about cooking… you can make EXTREMELY GOOD fish tacos at home.
Right here, right now, tonight. It’s on.
We love, love, love this recipe.
There is no love like the love I have for good fish tacos. And with these, you’re going to get that fish nice and tender and flaky and full of spicy flavor, and then you’re going to tuck it into little flour tortillas and top it with garlic lime slaw (omg), avocado, cilantro, and whatever else your fish taco heart desires.
The textures, the colors, the satisfying and crunchy I-might-be-on-vacation vibe? It’s all there.
We have plenty of other methods of making fish tacos on Pinch of Yum but these are hands-down the best easy fish tacos. They are just right for the Everyperson, which is why I love them and make them all the time.
- super fast
- super easy
- fresh and crispy
- full of flavor
- peppy and fun
- one of my favorite back-pocket weeknight meals!
TYPES OF FISH TO USE IN TACOS
We’re using cod for this recipe, but any white fish will do. You could also use:
- Mahi mahi (yum!)
And if you you’re not a big fan of the above, shrimp is always an option! In that case, these Spicy Shrimp Tacos will be your best friend.
What to Serve with Fish Tacos
Slaw, avocado, cilantro, repeat!
But also: you could serve these tacos with some yummy Mexican rice, a simple salad tossed with cilantro vinaigrette, or a Mexican street corn salad. And maybe some margaritas for good measure? Definitely margaritas.
More avocado, more garlic lime slaw, and more of that yummy, buttery, spicy, seriously-easy-to-make fish, please. MORE.
The best easy fish tacos are yours for the taking!
Check out our video for how to make Fish Tacos:
The Best Easy Fish Tacos! Tender and flaky fish full of spicy flavor tucked into flour tortillas and topped with garlic cilantro lime slaw. YUM!
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- 10–15 oz. cod or other white fish, thawed
- tortillas and avocados for serving
- slaw for serving (see notes)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix butter, lime juice, chili powder, garlic powder, and salt in a small bowl. Pour mixture over the fish. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Flake apart the fish and coat with the extra sauce in the pan.
- Make your dressing and pour it on the cabbage. See more in notes section.
- Prep your toppings (mashed avocado, slaw, red onion, mango salsa, whatever you like). Serve fish in tortillas with toppings!
Slaw: Make a sauce by blending 1/4 cup oil, 1/4 cup water, 1/2 cup chopped green onions, 1/2 cup cilantro, 1-2 cloves garlic, juice of 2 limes, 1/2 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt, and a pinch of salt. Pour sauce over shredded cabbage to make a slaw!
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: easy fish tacos, fish taco recipe, best fish tacos