Can we just establish that my idea of a good dinner is one that starts with pulling a meal out of the freezer, dumping it in the Instant Pot, and ending with juicy pineapple and spiced chicken crisped under the broiler, tucked into tortillas, and rolled up with creamy jalapeño ranch slaw?
These tacos are fresh, delicious, and just plain happy. Er, maybe it’s me that’s happy? And probably because throwing some pantry ingredients together, freezing it, pulling it out and pressing start on the Instant Pot, taking my crew for a walk, and coming home to dinner almost done is almost the same as winning a million dollars. Almost.
How to make Freezer Meal Hawaiian Chicken
It really can’t get any easier.
- Add a bunch of yummy easy stuff to a freezer bag.
- Stick it in the freezer.
- Pull it out, dump it in the Instant Pot to cook, and WALK AWAY.
When it’s done, give it a little crisp under the broiler and tuck it into warm tortillas with creamy Jalapeño Ranch Slaw. This is what dreams are made of.Print
Freezer Meal Hawaiian Chicken Tacos! Juicy and crispy pineapple and chicken, tucked into tortillas, and rolled up with creamy jalapeño ranch slaw.
- 1.25 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, minced (remove ribs and seeds for less heat)
- half of a red onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
For serving, blend together Jalapeño Ranch and toss with cabbage:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 jalapeño (remove ribs and seeds for less heat)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried dill (or about 1/4 cup fresh)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh chives (or sub 1/2 teaspoon onion powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
INSTANT POT: Add 1/4 cup of water before cooking. From frozen, 20 minutes on high pressure + quick release.
SLOW COOKER: Add 1/4 cup of water before cooking. From thawed, 3-4 hours on high.
FINAL STEP: Shred chicken and serve with Jalapeño Ranch Slaw (see above) in tortillas.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Hawaiian-Inspired
Keywords: freezer meal, hawaiian tacos, chicken tacos, instant pot tacos
View original recipe here.
You might also like our freezer meals post.